Competitive Volleyball League (CVL)
Spring Session Open Now! It will start March 25
What is it? CVL – A popular alternative to club volleyball for players that may not have the time nor resources to commit to a full blown club team. The “CVL” combines skills training, match competition, as well as physical training opportunities.
The 2016 and 2017winter leagues filled with over 30 teams and 300 participants!!
Our Winter CVL is an 6 week program on Sunday evenings from 6-9 pm. Players will participate in one hour of skills training and two hours of game play each week. Athletes are placed on teams, provided a coach, and compete against other teams within their division. Practice and games occur on the same night. Friends and teammates are encouraged to play on teams together, when applicable. CVL offers a Middle School, Junior Varsity, and Varsity league.
Week one, athletes are placed on teams according to age, skill level and position. Teams will be given time to organize with their coach and then scrimmage the remainder of the evening. Weeks two – five, one hour of group skills training followed by match play. Most teams will play two matches and ref one match each week. Week 6 is a tournament between all teams in the respected division.
A Youth CVL is also offered this Winter! This is a great way for our young players to learn the game! It is open to 2nd-5th graders and focuses on new skills each week. Combining all skills of the game to prepare them for game play! The Youth CVL will be on Sunday’s from 4-6 pm, and will last for 8 weeks.
SPRING 2018 CVL INFORMATION
REGISTER NOW HERE (OPENS FEB 7)
Dates & Times
Middle School 6:00-9:00pm at The Cooler – 10800 Davis Drive, Alpharetta GA 30005
Junior Varsity and Varsity – 6:00-9:00pm at Southern Volleyball Center – 11415 Old Roswell Road Suite 200 Alpharetta GA 30009
Youth (2nd thru 5th grade) 4:00pm – 6:00pm at Southern Volleyball Center – 11415 Old Roswell Road Suite 200 Alpharetta GA 30009
Dates – BEGINS MARCH 25th
March 25, April 8, April 15, April 22, April 29, May 6th
Peachtree City: BEGINS APRIL 8th
Middle School, Junior Varsity and Varsity – 6:00-9:00pm
Youth (2nd thru 5th grade) 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Location will be Peachtree City Volleyball Center
April 8, April 15, April 22, April 29th, May 6, May 13
The format for the season is as follows:
Week 1: Team Formation
Week 2: Team & Skill Development
Weeks 3-5: Competition & Skill Development
Week 6: Tournament
**NOTE: The Youth Program will have a greater emphasis on Skill Development.
Denise Corrigan Alpharetta League Director email
Joe Whigham Peachtree City CVL Director email
1. What does my athlete wear? Athletic wear with knee pads encouraged but not required.
2. Who are the coaches? VolleyPerformance Master Coaches lead all the gyms with VolleyPerformance/A5/A5 South/GA5 and local club coaches as well as a group of college players coach the teams.
3. Does my child need a water bottle? Water fountains are at each location but water bottles are encouraged (but again not required)
4. What team will my child be assigned? We use a combination of factors to determine team formation. We will attempt to let players of same schools, friends play together, etc….We may move players up from a lower league to a higher league based on skill. We use the first night to form that teams as balanced as possible. NOTE: it is the Director’s sole discretion to move a player to a higher league.
5. What is the format? The GENERAL format is 6pm-7pm for SKILL DEVELOPMENT and GAME PLAY 7pm-9pm. Generally we will spend night 1 as TEAM FORMATION and night 2 as PRACTICE/TEAM DEVELOPMENT.Weeks 3-8 are competition and skill development.
6. What Locations do we use? Alpharetta (the north locations are about a mile apart) a) Southern Volleyball Center (11415 Old Roswell Road, Suite #200, Alpharetta, GA 30009) and b) The Cooler (“The Alpharetta Family Skate Center”) 10800 Davis Drive, Alpharetta, GA) and our Peachtree City - Peachtree City Volleyball Center (105 Mallory Ct, Tyrone, GA)
7) How many different leagues do you offer? - We offer 4 different levels of leagues – 1) Varsity (6pm-9pm) 2) Junior Varsity (6pm-9pm) 3) Middle School (6pm-9pm) 4) Youth (2nd-5th Grade, 4pm-6pm and $TBA)
8) When will 2018 SPRING CVL information be posted? The 2018 Spring CVL will go from Mid March through early May (6 weeks). Also, our extremely popular VOLLEYPERFORMANCE SUMMER CAMPS will open December 1st for registration!